TTLock + Google Home - How to connect your smart lock to Google Home
This article will provide some tips and advice as well as walk you through connecting your smart lock to your Google Home automation app.
**Please Note** TTLock smart locks can only successfully connect to Google Home and Amazon Alexa devices where a gateway device is installed in conjunction with the smart lock. You can find out more about the gateway here.
What is Google Assistant?
Google Assistant is an artificial intelligence–powered virtual assistant developed by Google that is primarily available on mobile and smart home devices. Available on both iOS and Android devices.
What can I do by connecting my smart lock to Google Home?
By connecting your smart lock to Google Home you can unlock greater control and convenience. Using the Gateway WiFi bridge, users can interact with their lock using their voice to command actions. You can interact with your Smart Lock/Lever with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth using voice commands. The lock must be connected to Wi-Fi using the Wi-Fi Connect Bridge.
How do I configure my lock onto the Google Home app?
1. Ensure you have downloaded both the Google Home app and the TTLock app.
2. Create an account or log in to both Google Home and TTLock on your smart phone.
3. Ensure your gateway device and smart lock are installed and set up on your smart phone prior to connecting Google Home.
4. The gateway must be connected to the same network as your Google Home device.
5. Before getting started, in the TTLock App > select the smart lock you wish to connect to Google Home > go to lock settings > select remote unlock option > ensure this feature is 'ON'
Connecting Google Home & TTLock
1. In the TTLock App, click the menu to the top left had side.
2. Click the last option 'Work With'
3. Then select Google
4. Click 'turn on' and enter a passcode you will remember.
5. In the Google Home app, click the '+' in the top left corner.
6. Then click the blue '+' that is titled "Set Up Device".
7. Click the second option that says 'Works with Google'
8. Then search 'Sciener' in the search bar to link the device to your Google Home.
9. Log in to Sciener using the same credentials you use to sign into your TTLock account.
10. Once Sciener is connected, any smart locks connected to the Gateway should become available and connected.
All our smart Bluetooth locks are compatible with Google Assistant, check out our range today to find out more.