New button battery standards have arrived in Australia. These standards are considered a "world first" by the ACCC. These standards were introduced as a means to increase safety and reduce incidences involving the swallowing of batteries.
Be sure to stay up to date with the latest news and regulations in regards to button batteries. Whether as a consumer or a retailer, it is important to stay up to date.
For more information in regards to these new standards, click the links below.
- Consumer Goods (Products Containing Button/Coin Batteries) Safety Standard
- Consumer Goods (Products Containing Button/Coin Batteries) Information Standard
- Consumer Goods (Button/Coin Batteries) Safety Standard
- Consumer Goods (Button/Coin Batteries) Information Standard
The New Rules For Locksmiths & Suppliers
- Button/coin battery safety: a guide for business on the application of mandatory standards, to help suppliers understand the requirements
- a fact sheet, which summarises the four standards.