How to separate 2.4G WiFi for Smart Lock G2 Gateway
The CLBTG2W is compatible with our range of smart locks. The intelligent G2 Gateway allows access to various features of TTLock without needing to be in Bluetooth range of the smart lock. By installing the Gateway, the locks are able to be controlled using the internet through your WiFi.
For most new routers the default signal is 5G frequency. As the G2 Gateway requires 2.4 GHz, it is possible to separate the router to enable you to connect your gateway on your current router.
Before starting, make sure you know what kind of router you have. Find the make and model of your router by looking at the physical product. If you can't find the model from the actual product, try searching on the web.
Follow the steps below to separate the routers:
- Select the ADVANCED tab.(defferenert layout but the principle is the same.)
- Click Advanced Setup > Customize WiFi Network.
- Under the Customize Your WiFi- Create a separate 2.4GHz WiFi network section, select Customize 2.4 GHz WiFi Network.
- Enter a network name (SSID) for your 2.4GHz network.
- Select a security option for your 2.4GHz network.
Note: We recommend keeping the security option and paord the same for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections. This way, you can reconnect your devices and keep track of your network credentials.
- Repeat Steps 6-8 for the 5GHz network.
Your separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks are active.
(one is for 2.4G another for 5G)
To configure the G2 Gateway, select the 2.4GHz
Now you can connect your gateway to the WiFi. This will enable you to unlock the lock remotely and access real-time data remotely.
For more tips and assistance head to our blog here.